Monday, September 16, 2013

Count your blessings..



O hey.

Lately I have been SO grateful for SO many things. I've been counting my  blessings and thanking God every day for the things I have and for the people in my life. It brings me to tears to even think about how much I am blessed even through everything that has happened this summer. Here is a list of things I am grateful of, and I encourage you to try and make a list yourself! It's suprising how many little things just make your day.
  1. The gospel. Just all of it. 
  2. My savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven. I can't imagine going through what my brother has been through. It really shows just how much he loves us. 
  3. My testimony. My testimony has grown so much this summer, and I'm grateful for every Sunday and each opportunity I have to build it even more. 
  4. My husband.  I can't imagine my life without him. Nick and I have been through so much, and he's there for me no matter what. Even if I'm waking him up in the middle of the night just for a hug, he doesn't mind :). He works so hard to provide for our family and I am so grateful for that. I can't wait for many more years to come. 
  5. My baby Madden. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has given me a chance to bear a child. Even if I don't get to have him here on Earth, I'm glad I am able to be his mother.
  6. Our family. They have helped us get through so much, and supported every decision we have made. 
  7. My friends. I have been blessed with some pretty awesome friends. They all were there for me when I needed them the most. School has definitely brought some pretty amazing people in my life and I'm so glad.   They are such good examples to me and one day I hope I can be as caring and selfless as they are =)
  8. My dog/cat. If anyone knows me, these animals are like my children. They crack me up and have such fun personalities. They keep me company at home when Nick's at work. 
  9. My job(s). I was blessed I was able to go right back to work to take my mind off things. Dr. Sutton's office let me come and work for them for a while assisting until I found a hygiene position. I am grateful for the opportunity to fill in for a few offices for hygiene and the wonderful staff I get to work with that want to make me feel as comfortable as possible. 
  10. My education. I'm grateful I was able to go to college and given the knowledge I have. (Not so grateful for those stinking student loans though haha).
  11. My home. I'm grateful that we OWN our home (well kinda own haha)and that I can make it homey and have a place of retreat.
  12. My ward. We've been in our ward for 4  years now. I absolutely love the people in it. I am a pretty shy person, and I'm so grateful for those who stepped in to help us this summer. We have such a caring ward.
  13. Music. I have a love/hate relationship lately with music. My music selection has drastically changed this summer, and now I quite enjoy listening to the slower calmer music. I get all ball baby at times but I love the connection you can make with lyrics. 
  14. Our Honda Ruckus. You ask why am I so grateful for a scooter? Well let me tell you, this little machine makes me feel so free when I ride it. It's nice to hop on it and go for a ride and just think. It's lovely =)
  15. Modern Medicine. I'm grateful for the hospitals/nurses/doctors. They have a pretty tough job, and I'm glad we live in a time that we are able to have these things.
  16. Tv.  Haha. Yes! I'm thankful for tv. It gives me joy to cuddle up and watch a good tv show or a good movie.
  17. Little things. I am grateful for the little things in life. Such as a stranger telling you that you look cute, someone opening the door for you, a smile, happy children, having a good conversation with a patient, and just people in general with positive attitudes and just being nice. I'm glad I'm able to (try) to have a good positive outlook on life.  This has been a challenge for me. There have been so many people I know lately having babies and let me tell you it has been a struggle to even open my facebook page. But as I think about it, (as jealous as I am), I am so grateful that they have had healthy pregnancies and have not had to go through the pain that I have.There are so many more things I am thankful for but I won't bore you any further with endless detailed lists.
I have been super stressed lately. Transitioning from school to the real world and doing a good job has been stressful. I want to become pregnant again so badly and trying to give my body time to heal is painful. I'm so impatient (I'm working on it). I'm just so ready to be a mom, to have that taken away from you so quickly is hard.

                                 
I absolutely love this quote. It's so true. If you are ever having a hard day, think about what you have been blessed with. Things will turn around sooner that you think. =)


1 comment:

  1. You are so strong and beautiful Jen. When I see your smiling face on Instagram or Facebook, I instantly am so inspired by the wonderful person that you are!!! I love reading your posts, and I know that all of the things you find to be a blessing find you a blessing as well. <3

    ReplyDelete