Saturday, July 13, 2013

7/13/13 My Due Date.

We got the pictures back from the photographer at the hospital. She did such an amazing job. I have to share a few of them. 













Ok so I added more than I thought just because I love all of them.

We have overwhelmed with gratitude for everyone's kinda words and support. My house looks like a floral shop with lots of flowers and plants. I absolutely love it and it's so comforting. I've had beautiful poems written for me, freezer meals, treats, company etc. the list goes on and on. I am so thankful for such amazing family and friends we have. It's hard for me to accept help. I guess I feel like I don't need it, and I'm really not that bad off. The other day (multiple) someone's had to tell me to accept service. It gives others blessings. I am of course stubborn and so if I come off ungrateful I promise I'm not.. just stubborn =)

I don't want to annoy people with blasting my feelings all over facebook, so I'll do it on here, since reading my blog is optional =).

The funeral surprisingly was not as bad as I thought it would be. I felt comfort and relief immediately after.  It was difficult watching the teeny tiny casket lay there. We had a lot of support from our family and friends.I don't have any pictures on my camera, but once I get some I may post some. Or I may not.. we'll see =)

Since last week I've had a roller coster of emotions.
It has been HARD.
I often catch myself staring into space while time continues around me.
I find comfort in sitting in the rocker in Madden's room looking at ultrasound pictures.
I cry..it seems to make me feel better.
I have no appetite.  (not even for ice cream which is my weakness)

Nick has tried to keep me busy, and I must admit it helps.
But I almost feel guilty not thinking about him or grieving like I should.
I know it should not be a "grieving" process.
I feel I am being selfish. I know the plan of salvation and I know I should be happy for my little man. But I feel selfish because I WANT him here, to hold, to cuddle, to take care of. I want him here NOW. I don't want to wait to see him again.

Today is especially hard.
Today is my official due date, and if everything would have went as it should have, I would have a beautiful, alive and breathing, baby boy in my arms as we speak.

Instead,
I hurt everywhere.
and my arms are empty.

My wonderful friends are taking me out to lunch and a movie. They always know how to make me feel better.

I don't want to feel like I am forgetting him, but the pregnancy, the terrible news, and the delivery seems like such a blur to me now.

I promise I am not depressed haha.  I just have to get my feelings out and I don't want anyone to think I am depressed. I'm OK. I'm happy to know my little man is with his Heavenly Father. Madden is busy listening to jokes from my grandfather. He's too busy causing hate and discontent up there ( Nick says that's why we have been having so much rain and thunder) haha. Nick keeps me sane. With time, things will get better, in the mean time I will try to keep the depressing posts to a minimum =).
Again, thanks for all of your love and support.


1 comment:

  1. Jen, the pictures are beautiful! He really is so precious. I am still thinking of you and praying for you. Don't feel bad about blogging your feelings. I think that is a healthy part of trying to overcome your sadness. Having a testimony of the plan of salvation is a wonderful thing, that I am sure brings you peace and comfort, but that doesn't mean you have to feel like you can't be sad. I'm sure you will always feel some sadness, but you have lots of happy things in store for your future too! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete